Saturday, March 9, 2013

Out and About,Padiham,March meeting

A week ago{sorry its so long again} I went to the meeting in Padiham.One of our members Diane Derbyshire is a volunteer at Gawthorpe .She has a fascination with lace and has been working closely with the Rachel Kaye Shuttlewoth collection. With this in mind, she was able to give us a history of needlelace, illustrated with pieces from her personal collection and several pieces borrowed from “the Collection”. Diane then brought the talk right up to date, showing us pieces that she has worked. Very interesting. I took some photos but obviously there are none from the Collection.

001002003004

Diane{above} shows us a small gift worked for her by a lady in Australia. The raffle was drawn and I was lucky enough to win the first prize, a wonderful collection of yellow fabrics and threads. My immediate reaction was that I could use them in my “Summer” piece that I must do for our competition, later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment