Our tutor had to let us down at the last minute as she is awaiting an operation. Carol came up with an idea and executed it on the night,Shabby chique rose brooches. At home she prepared very simple kits so we were able to start immediately. Carol,above, demonstrated to each group and we began.
There was also a good chance to have a catch up chat. I had asked for volunteers to stitch for Ordsall Hall so wandered around to collect names.I had also introduced the idea of travelling books as 6 of us received ours back during the evening and again there was support. On Saturday we had made silk vessels and 3 d pieces so many were there to admire.Finally several of the pieces made with Jackie last month were also displayed. Sorry mine was not there Jackie,I sent it to a special friend.Ann wears her brooch with pride.
News and Competitions
The Rose Bowl competition titles are “Something Old, Something New” for 2015 and “Under the Sea”, for 2016. Entry forms available from Brenda.
Coates Anchor Award for 2015 entry forms also available.
Northwest Region Broderers’ Cup for October AGM.
Exhibitions and Events
· Saturday April 11th; Annual General Meeting, Birmingham; “A Sustainable Future for the Embroiderer’s Guild. Tickets cost £27.50 available until March 13th 2015. Speakers are Bobby Britnell and Jane E Hall.
· Summer School at Alston Hall 16th-19th July. See notice board for details and booking forms.
· Garstang Patchworkers Quilters exhibition 17th,18th,19th, April at Bilsborough Village Hall, Garstang Rd, Bilsborough PR3 0RE. Admission £3.00, bored husbands and under 16’s free.
· The Radycliffe Bedspread Project; volunteers needed, details on the notice board. Contact Val.
· Nantwich Museum has an exhibition by contemporary textile group Textile 21, called, “Tech Styles” which runs from 14 March – 13 June. For more information see www.textiles21.co.uk
· “Maker’s Day” at a hands on Craft Fair and meet the artist with Ten Plus Textiles, on Saturday 28th March at 11am- 4pm at The Old Sunday School, Roe St, Macclesfield, SKI6UT. Free entry. Tel 01625 6103210.
· “Ten Plus Textiles @ The Silk Museum” are also on exhibition from 14th March – 30 May, Mon- Sat, 10am – 4pm on at The Silk Museum, Park Lane, Macclesfield. SK116TJ, £4.50 or concessionary £4.00- with access to the Museum. Has disabled access.
· For more information about textile art exhibitions checkout this website –www.textilesociety.org.uk/events.
· This year’s NW Regional Day will be held by Chelford and North Cheshire EG on Saturday 25th April. Details of speakers on the notice board.
· Workshop with Marie Lewis, “Boutis” on May 9th: starts at 10.am and finishes about 3.30pm, at Banktop Church, Ashcroft Road, Sharples, Bolton. Don’t forget to bring a packed lunch, tea and coffee is available.
If you have any items for the Sales Table please see Jenny Whittle. Jenny also needs clear envelopes (like the ones cards come packed in) if you have any please keep them and pass them on.
Raffle prizes are always welcome. Please see Barbara Ryall if you have anything. If there are any library books you think would be suitable for us, please tell Sheelagh Madden. (An ISBN would be helpful)
If you hear of any interesting exhibitions or events that you think may be of interest, please let Brenda Brown know and details can go on the newsletter; email@example.com
Don’t forget our blog address for Bolton EG is http://begstitchers.blogspot.com/ .
Also just a reminder that the Guild web address is www.embroiderersguild.com
The Northwest blog address is http:/firstname.lastname@example.org