You wait for a party and two come along….well Padiham on Monday and Bolton on Tuesday, yes our Xmas party. I was a bit worried cos I didnt see food but then realised that there was a lovely spread in the adjoining room. No quiz for us, Clare had made a forest of trees and wanted to share this skill with us.Our competition was a wearable brooch. perhaps less entries than in the past but lots of votes. The winner was Barbara.
Well done!!! A reminder about our Jacobs Feast in Jan at 11.00 and a chance to sign up for your food gift. I will then include the Nov Bulletin .
News and Competitions
The Rose Bowl competition titles are “Something Old, Something New” for 2015 and “Under the Sea”, for 2016.
The members’ challenge for 2015 is “All that Glistens”.
The Christmas competition is – a Christmas Brooch.
Congratulations to Ann Heather on winning the most voted for piece of work in our recent exhibition at Bolton Art Gallery.
Also congratulations to Val Coleshaw on beginning her tenure as the Northwest Regional Chair.
Exhibitions and Events
- Last chance to see Grayson Perry from 23 Aug – 7 Dec at Temple Newsom House, Leeds.
- Platform Gallery, Clitheroe ; “Treat and be Treated”, a variety of crafts peoples work until January 10th.
- Paper Christmas Trees and Baubles Book Art workshop – 29th November at The United Reformed Church Hall, Croston Rd, Garstang, PR3 1FL. 10am - 4pm.
Contact : email@example.com
· Little Contemporary Northern Craft Fair - Altrincham Grammar School For Boys, Hale. WA142RS. Sunday December 7th.10am- 5pm.
· Next year’s NW Regional Day will be held by Chelford and North Cheshire EG. Details of speakers on the notice board. Tickets going on sale in January.
· February Play Day’s activity will be printing and stamping.
· Harrogate Show – OUR TRIP is this Saturday. The coach will be leaving the Resource Centre at 8.30 and be returning at 4.30pm.
· Next meeting – December 2nd. Please bring basic sewing kit for the Christmas activity.
· There is a new book in the library, “ Get Stuffed”, by Maggie Smith
If you have any items for the Sales Table please see Jenny Whittle. Jenny also needs clear envelopes (like the ones cards come packed in) if you have any please keep them and pass them on.
Raffle prizes are always welcome. Please see Barbara Ryall if you have anything.
If there are any library books you think would be suitable for us, please tell Sheelagh Madden. (An ISBN would be helpful)
Also if you hear of any interesting exhibitions or events that you think may be of interest, please let Brenda Brown know and details can go on the newsletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget our blog address for Bolton EG is http://begstitchers.blogspot.com/ .
Also just a reminder that the Guild web address is www.embroiderersguild.com
The Northwest blog address is http:/email@example.com
A HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY READERS. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN IN THE NEW YEAR, VAL.