I will try to attach the newsletter and then some of Anns photos.....
News and Competitions
The Rose Bowl competition title is "Under the Sea", for our Regional Day in April next year, hope you’re working on it! There is no restriction on size as long as it was produced within the last 2 years. This will be voted for by members on the day.
Also the Coates Anchor award for Excellence in Embroidery, the design for which is your personal choice but must primarily involve hand or machine embroidery or a combination of both. You should involve Coates Anchor threads in your piece of work.
We must all make an effort to enter the Journal Cover competition- the North West Broderers’ Cup- which must be a suitable design for printing on a single colour background in A5 format. This is only open to the Bolton Branch! This will also be voted for by members on the North West Regional Day.
- 4-6 February : The Stitching Sewing and Hobbycrafts Show is at Events City, Manchester M178AS. Adults £8.00, Seniors £7.00.
- NEC Fashion & Embroidery- Hobbycrafts- Sewing for Pleasure and Cake international from 17-20 March. See notice board.
- Details about Summer School at Widdow Hall, Clitheroe on 3-5 June, on the notice board. Booking firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Patchwork Exhibition -16 Jan -17 Feb 2016 at Fairfield Mill, Sedburgh, Cumbria. Open Daily 10.30- 4.30. Adult £3.50, concessionary £3.00, Students free. Tel 01539 620489.
- Now & Then : 60th Anniversary of the Manchester Branch. 14th Feb- 22nd May. Exhibitions and workshops see Salford’s What’s On booklet, www.salfordcommunityleisure.co.uk/culture/ordsall-hall. Workshops must be booked through Ordsall Hall.
- Planted and Picked a celebration of the garden border through stitch by Carole Dawber, 1 Feb- 12 March 2016 at Martin Mere. Daily 9.30-4.30 Tel 01704895181.
- The Threadmill Textile Group have an exhibition at the parsonage, Stenner lane, Didsbury. sat 13 Feb- 13 March 2016. Preview Sunday 14 February.
- Are you looking for a workshop? Check out this website- www.creativeworkshops.co.uk Contact email@example.com.
- Saturday 23rd – Jacob’s Feast. This Saturday!
Ann needs more handmade birthday cards for sending to members if you have any to spare please pass them on. Raffle prizes are always welcome. Please see Barbara Ryall if you have anything. If there are any library books you think would be suitable for us, please tell Sheelagh Madden. (An ISBN would be helpful)
If you hear of any interesting exhibitions or events that you think may be of interest, please let Brenda Brown know and details can go on the newsletter; firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget our blog address for Bolton EG is http://begstitchers.blogspot.com/ . Also just a reminder that the Guild web address is www.embroiderersguild.com
The Northwest blog address is http:/email@example.com