Sunday, June 6, 2010

Out and about

As area 2 rep for the NW committee, I plan to visit as many of the branches in my area as possible. I began in May with a visit to Glossop. After a very warm welcome,  I looked forward t0 their  speaker, Maggie Wilde who told us about bonnets being made to recognise the women convicts deported to Australia in the 18th century. There has been some publicity about this, but Maggie was so enthusiastic and made this project come to life. I went back to my Branch and she has now  been invited to our AGM in September. I’m sure there will be many bonnets made by our members.

It was a glorious day on Wednesday as I drove over to Little Morton Hall to see the Altrincham exhibition. I was really impressed  as always with their work and the extra special setting that was chosen. Sandra the Altrincham Chair was there and we had time for a chat too.

On Saturday I went to celebrate with Rochdale at their  cream tea.  Of course they also had an exhibition and many “shopping opportunities”. I was really honoured when Jan the Rochdale Chair asked me to present a silver badge to Marjorie Davies who had just completed 25 years with the Guild. A delightful day.IMG_0880Valcoul

No comments:

Post a Comment