Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Out and About

I seem to have been quite busy , recently. Today, Barbara went along to a branch meeting at Altrincham. We were met by the Chair,  Sandra and Diane who apologised and said that the speaker was poorly. However  we were delighted to hear that Diane was going to “fill the void” with a talk that she is actually planning for Bolton. Diane is one of my absolutely favourite embroiderers and her work is exquisite so we had a lovely time. It is very interesting to visit other branches and see how they operate,I can recommend it.

Padiham Branch seems to be viable. In February Kathryn the NW Chair lead the meeting and canvas squares were made. Four members brought along their pieces to the March meeting.

Image0024Image0025010Image0026

I demonstrated the felt jewellery in March. I hope to see several finished pieces being worn at our IGM in April.009015

No comments:

Post a Comment