Our December meeting is earlier than normal due to the number of activities later in the year. We walked in to the Centre to see really traditional festive decorations. It was the usual busy night , lead by Jackie who had made kits for us , so all we needed was a needle. Love classes like these. I am sorry Jacky but due to my extra tasks, I forgot to take photos so you will have to make do with my own scissors keep, that I finished during the evening.Thank you again for the time and trouble, we all enjoyed the task.We had a small display of fairy feet, sorry I should say FFarie slippers.One member who shall be named…Brenda had not only finished a pair but also had them mounted. Wont repeat what I said to her!!!The standard for our Xmas Competition, The Holly and the Ivy, continues to rise.It is inspiring to see how members interpret the title.The prize was won by Pauline . Holly and Ivy were two angels!!!Very Clever.Clare presented Pauline with a lovely festive plant that I cant spell.I sold all the photographic fabric that I had acquired and then a few more tickets for Jean and Jan.I will now make them available to the Region. Have a really Happy Christmas and I look forward to seeing you twice in January, our meeting and then our Jacobs feast.
The Rose Bowl competition titles are “Black Magic” for 2014 and “Something Old, Something New” for 2015.
The members’ challenge for 2014 is “Tree Rhythms”. Closing date for entries - 14th Feb 2014. Pick up an entry form today.
EXHIBITIONS & EVENTS
- Gawthorpe have Workshops available. See email@example.com or telephone 01282 773963 for details.
- Lucinda Attwood is running embroidery classes at the Friends Meeting House in Silverwell Street, Bolton. on Mon. 10-12am, Tues 2-4pm, Weds 1-3pm. Call Lucinda (07977821119) or ask Brenda Cooper for further information.
- Grayson Perry Tapestries On Tour at Manchester City Gallery 24th October – 21st January.
· Bolton Progressive Threads have an exhibition of contemporary textiles in felt, thread and mixed media inspired by Bolton Museum’s rich and diverse archive collection- “History Uncovered”, 4th November- 26th January situated in the Work Town Gallery at the end of Bolton Lives Gallery.
· “Challenges” an exhibition by textile group Metaphor exploring different themes and media, from now until January 5th at Farfield Mill, Sedbergh. For more information about exhibitions visit www.farfieldmill.org .
January’s meeting on the 21st January is “Recycling Textiles” with speaker Amy Senogles.
The Beryl Dean Teaching Award has been launched again and will go to a teacher who is personally passionate and professionally inspirational and highly competent, recognized by students and peers alike. The prize will be £1000 to be spent on taking the teacher’s professional expertise to the next level. The 20th December is the final date for nominations.
Ann is in need of handmade Get Well or open greeting cards for sending to members if you have any to spare.
If you have any items for the Sales Table please see Jackie Martin. Jackie also needs clear envelopes (like the ones cards come packed in) if you have any please keep them and pass them on.
Raffle prizes are always welcome. Please see Barbara Ryall if you have anything.
Sheelagh Madden now has some new DVDs in the library, including, “In Stitches” by Jan Beaney & Jean Littlejohn and also “Nations of the World in Stitch” about the Olympic postcards. If there are any library books you think would be suitable for us, please tell Sheelagh Madden. (An ISBN would be helpful)
If you hear of any interesting exhibitions or events that you think may be of interest, please let Brenda Brown know and details can go on the newsletter.
Don’t forget our blog address for Bolton EG is http://begstitchers.blogspot.com/ .
Also just a reminder that the Guild web address is www.embroiderersguild.com
Just been to see out tree and its now worth £250.00 Brilliant!!!!!