News and Competitions
The Rose Bowl competition title is “Under the Sea”, for our Regional Day in April this year, hope you’re working on it! There is no restriction on size as long as it was produced within the last 2 years. This will be voted for by members on the day.
Also the Coates Anchor award for Excellence in Embroidery, the design for which is your personal choice but must primarily involve hand or machine embroidery or a combination of both. You should involve Coates Anchor threads in your piece of work. Entry forms available from Brenda.
Exhibitions and Events
- Chester Cathedral : the Royal School of Needlework are showing more than 50 pieces of ecclesiastical embroidery. Mon – Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 11am-4pm. £5 for adults children under 12 free.
- NEC Fashion & Embroidery- Hobbycrafts- Sewing for Pleasure and Cake international from 17-20 March. See notice board.
- Details about Summer School at Waddow Hall, Clitheroe on 3-5 June, on the notice board. Booking firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now & Then : 60th Anniversary of the Manchester Branch. 14th Feb- 22nd May. Exhibitions and workshops see Salford’s What’s On booklet, www.salfordcommunityleisure.co.uk/culture/ordsall-hall. Workshops must be booked through Ordsall Hall.
- Planted and Picked a celebration of the garden border through stitch by Carole Dawber, 1 Feb- 12 March 2016 at Martin Mere. Daily 9.30-4.30 Tel 01704895181.
- The Threadmill Textile Group have an exhibition at the parsonage, Stenner lane, Didsbury. sat 13 Feb- 13 March 2016. Preview Sunday 14 February.
Book your place on our workshop with Karen Casper: “Wearable Art”, 10.00am on March 12th at Bank Top Church, Ashworth Lane, Bolton BL18RX.
- You can purchase an A4 canvas from Amazon –Quick Draw Supplies, cost -£3each including p&p. Ideal for the Capability Brown Project .
- Please order your Journal from Brenda today –only£1, an excellent read.
Raffle prizes are always welcome. Please see Barbara Ryall if you have anything. If there are any library books you think would be suitable for us, please tell Sheelagh Madden. (An ISBN would be helpful)
If you hear of any interesting exhibitions or events that you think may be of interest, please let Brenda Brown know and details can go on the newsletter; email@example.com Don’t forget our blog address for Bolton EG is http://begstitchers.blogspot.com/ . Also just a reminder that the Guild web address is www.embroiderersguild.com The Northwest blog address is http:/firstname.lastname@example.org