The first few pictures are examples of her work, with apologies for the light reflection. her talk was extremely personal, she was born and lived on a farm in Sweden and her first idea was to create her version of traditional Bonaders. She said that there is no literal translation, but they were sort of tapestry/ mixed media hangings, that told stories. I will not spoil you chances of hearing her talk but she moved on through the years, illustrating her development with many slides. I loved the way she captured the Swedish landscape .However her final slide , a piece that will soon be found in Derby Cathedral, based on the stations of the cross was very powerful.
Embroiderers’ Guild – Bolton Branch
News and Competitions
The Rose Bowl competition title is “Under the Sea”, for our Regional Day in April this year, hope you’re working on it! There is no restriction on size as long as it was produced within the last 2 years. This will be voted for by members on the day.
Also the Coates Anchor award for Excellence in Embroidery, the design for which is your personal choice but must primarily involve hand or machine embroidery or a combination of both. You should involve Coates Anchor threads in your piece of work.
PLEASE get an insurance form from Brenda for any work you are entering.
Exhibitions and Events
- NEC Fashion & Embroidery- Hobbycrafts- Sewing for Pleasure and Cake international from 17-20 March. See notice board.
- Details about Summer School at Widdow Hall, Clitheroe on 3-5 June, on the notice board. Booking firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now & Then : 60th Anniversary of the Manchester Branch. 14th Feb- 22nd May. Exhibitions and workshops see Salford’s What’s On booklet, www.salfordcommunityleisure.co.uk/culture/ordsall-hall. Workshops must be booked through Ordsall Hall.
Please bring your work for our Regional Day exhibition to Banktop Church on April 9th, where it can then be collated. This was originally the date of our next Play Day which we have now cancelled. This may be reorganized at a later date.
There is a list of the workshops from which you may have some work on the notice board.
Also Debbie our IT rep has sent an email to us detailing this list.
PLEASE SEND YOUR WORK ON April 9th to Bank Top Church. We need to put on a good show!!!
- You can purchase an A4 canvas from Amazon –Quick Draw Supplies, cost -£3each including p&p. Ideal for the Capability Brown Project .
· Sorry!! The workshop with Karen Casper last Saturday was cancelled due to an accident and it will now be rearranged at a future date.
Raffle prizes are always welcome. Please see Barbara Ryall if you have anything. If there are any library books you think would be suitable for us, please tell Sheelagh Madden. (An ISBN would be helpful)
If you hear of any interesting exhibitions or events that you think may be of interest, please let Brenda Brown know and details can go on the newsletter; email@example.com Don’t forget our blog address for Bolton EG is http://begstitchers.blogspot.com/ . Also just a reminder that the Guild web address is www.embroiderersguild.com The Northwest blog address is http:/www.info@nwreg