Friday, July 22, 2016

July meeting , Bolton

A glorious evening, we all met in the gardens of Ridgmont House for a Bucks Fizz and a short informal EGM. The purpose of this is to elect our committee so that we can have details printed on the programme. The committee will be officially ratified at the AGM in September.After this we moved inside for our annual meal. I managed to get group photos of each table, all looking very summery.



I collected the finished Capability Brown pieces but there is still time, Aug 14 to me, if anyone is still tempted. Otherwise have you started your piece for Mollys Cup awarded at our next meeting in September, from memory the title is something like nuts, berries and leaves. a theme not a technique. I havnt heard of any contribution from Bolton members for the National Stitch Day on Aug 6th,the idea is to find an unusual place to stitch and engage members of the public. Last year I sat all day in Asda but unless I hear from other Bolton members, I will join in with my other branch, Pendle this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment