Sunday, July 17, 2016

Out and about,Rochdale

Months ago, Hilary invited me to the Rochdale afternoon tea and exhibition. last Saturday was the day. My sat nav has stopped showing the map so I was in a bit of a mess as I knew that had moved venues. However after minor detours, I found it, a lovely newly built church in the centre of Rochdale.
After a really warm welcome, I wandered into a huge room, set out with stalls and a raffle. In the corner were a variety of demonstrations. I was delighted to see and chat to Joyce who is looking so well after her illness.
 Hilary introduced me to a new member who had planned and designed a very unusual piece for the Gawthorpe Capability Brown exhibition.
Hilary was constantly dashing around and just mentioned that she had had an operation that week. Again, so good to see her still full of energy.
The exhibition was wide ranging and had some beautiful pieces. Below is just a selection of what was on offer.


I collected the other pieces for Gawthorpe and then had a very interesting and very long journey across to St Annes to celebrate my Mums 88 birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment