Sunday, August 7, 2016

Out and about. Keswick

Last Sunday, I drove up to Keswick. Its ages since I had been that for north in the Lakes and when I saw Skiddaw I remembered that it was the only mountain in the Lakes that I have not climbed. For a few minutes, I was tempted but then a reality check, I'm older, wiser and less fit!!!
Anyhow my purpose was to visit the Keswick Branch exhibition and meet with the,members there. I found the village hall in Threlkeld quite easily and was greeted by Pat the secretary who immediately offered me a cup of tea. A perfect welcome after a couple of hours in the car. I then met Debbie the new chair . We chatted about the branch, the problems still caused by the winter floods and the actuality of being a small isolated branch.
Debbie and Pat

Chats, demos and exhibits




The Keswick Banner









By chance I raised the Travelling Book idea and then went to my car and brought it in to show members. They, like me were very impressed and I might see two pages from then in the distant future. A light lunch and then I drove back, frustrated by the lines and lines of traffic cones for non existent road works but happy that I had seen all the lovely work and put more names to faces.



No comments:

Post a Comment