Monday, November 26, 2012

Out and About,Harrogate

Mary, Clare, Judith and I battled our way through the crowds at the Knitting and Stitching show on Saturday. Never mind a map, I think I need a compass as well to find my way about. I saw lots of old friends,too many to mention but they all send greetings to Bolton. I joined a Japanese embroidery class which was interesting. I failed at the first hurdle as I could not knot my gold thread!!!!002 There were many shops but for once I went with a shopping list and tried to stick to it. There were some interesting exhibitions and I was really taken with a d beaded piece by Alice Kettle. HQ had a much higher profile there this year. I wish that I had longer to spend there as the postcards were displayed again. I have taken a couple, one of Bulgaria for Bolton and the other of Kiribati for Padiham005

006Can you spot your piece?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the show. I hope you enjoyed your Japanese embroidery taster class even if you failed to knot your gold :-) If you are tempted to have another go, at a more leisurely pace Japanese Embroidery offer two day taster classes.

    www.japanese-embroidery.co.uk/

    (I think they are just setting up other classes in the North, so please do contact them if you are at all interested)

    ReplyDelete