Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Out and about,Padiham

It was the branch meeting at Padiham yesterday, so I was able to return items loaned for Empress Mills. Also i could acknowledge the help given by members. Two guests came along as a result of the exhibition and I believe several others will attend.

A branch member gave an amusing and honest account of how she created landscape pictures from thread. Well when I say thread, it includes all wools and other stringy things that are available. Barbara brought along huge bags of” thread” colour coded for ease of use.001002She was very proud of her cauliflower004but had other more traditional scenes as well.005006

Well done Barbara.My apologies for the quality of the photos.Finally the afternoon finished with a practical. Barbara had wound two threads onto a card and we were requested to use them both in the same needle and experiment with a stitch. I look forward to seeing the results and I suspect that her ideas will have helped some of us to plan our piece for the” end of term”competition called SUMMER. Im not sure if a snow scene will count!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment