Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Play Day Aug 23rd

It took me hours to gather together my fabrics and threads for the last Play Day. We had discussed a theme at the former meeting, deciding on using hand and machine embellishers.

I took along my machine and set it up. We had a coffee and waited for more member.Sadly there were few of us attending but I guess it was due to it landing on a Bank Holiday weekend.

Brenda had never used an embellishing machine so i was delighted to show her its capabilities.Brenda was hooked{if you pardon the pun}My machine has 5 needles and I managed to break two in about 5 minutes. More care needed!!!! Barbara had a new machine with twelve needles.We compared the results.

DSCF4965Pam brought along her machine but had the wrong lead for it.We tried mine but with no luck so she too played with my machine.We rooted through all the bags of stuff that I had brought along and I found some “pebbles”a textured wool that everyone loved. Would make wonderful sheep in a field or flowers in a garden.

Having broken 2 needles I was happy to loan out my machine for the duration of the day. In fact Brenda was so thrilled that I have loaned it to her until our AGM. I spent the time doing some Black work that i will tell you about another day. Judith was also busy hand stitching owls for a tree.

So few of us there meant that we could sit around a table and have a good chat over lunch. It also meant very little tidying up at the end of the day. I hope to be at the October play day and if so, will put together a list and bring along my samples, based on dissolvable fabrics. Its one of my favourite techniques. These days are free to Bolton members, the room hire covered by our Branch so do think about coming along. We are there to learn from each other and share our skills. The theme is not compulsory, just an idea to focus on when bringing stuff from home.  See you all in September and hopefully clutching your Jewels piece for Molly's Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment