I forgot to add the photo of Clare , our Chair ,presenting Pauline with Molly's Cup. This award is a rose bowl awarded annually in memory of one of our founder members, correctly called the Molly Lee Rose bowl but colloquially referred to as Molly's Cup.Molly was an exquisite needle worker and we alternate between two years the first being a technique and the next a theme. From memory we have had white work, gold work , round the garden, crewelwork and this year jewels. I must get a complete list!!!!
NEWSLETTER –September 2014
News and Competitions
The Rose Bowl competition titles are “Something Old, Something New” for 2015 and “Under the Sea”, for 2016.
The members’ challenge for 2015 is “All that Glistens”.
The Christmas competition is – a Christmas Brooch.
You can see the winning pieces for this year’s members challenge,”Tree Rhythms”, on the EG website.
Congratulations to Pauline Bowling who won Molly’s Cup at our first meeting this year.
Exhibitions and Events
· Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair : 9-12 October at the old Granada studios Manchester. www.greatnorthernevents.co.uk
· Glossop & District Embroiderers’ Guild 10th Anniversary exhibition, “A Decade of Stitch”.
At Bradbury House, Market Street, Glossop. Mon- Sat 9-5pm. 6th-30th October.
- Last chance to see Grayson Perry from 23 Aug – 7 Dec at Temple Newsom House, Leeds.
- The Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexander Palace 8-12 October and Harrogate 20-23 November. A coach is being organized for Saturday 22nd November to Harrogate. The more people who go the cheaper the bus and tickets to the event. You may wish to purchase an extra ticket for a seat on the bus and not the show for friends /partners who just want a day in Harrogate while you enjoy the event. Please contact Brenda if you’re interested. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
· There is a play day workshop on October 11th at BankTop Church. The theme is soluble materials, or you can just come along and try out any new ideas or materials you have acquired over the past year. As usual bring a packed lunch.
· Next year’s NW Regional Day will be held by Chelford and North Cheshire EG. Details on the notice board.
· Our Pearl anniversary exhibition which began on the National Day of Stitch; 2nd August runs until 26th October at Bolton Museum.
· See Clare or Val if you can offer your time to steward and bring your sewing too!
· There is a new book in the library, “A Passion for Colour”, by Ruth Isset and the Jan Beaney/ Jean Littlejohn DVD “In Motion”.
Ann is in need of handmade Birthday/Get Well or open greeting cards for sending to members if you have any to spare. If you have any items for the Sales Table please see Jenny Whittle. Jenny also needs clear envelopes (like the ones cards come packed in) if you have any please keep them and pass them on. Would anyone like to help Jenny, if so let us know.
Raffle prizes are always welcome. Please see Barbara Ryall if you have anything. If there are any library books you think would be suitable for us, please tell Sheelagh Madden. (An ISBN would be helpful)
If you hear of any interesting exhibitions or events that you think may be of interest, please let Brenda Brown know and details can go on the newsletter; email@example.com
Don’t forget our blog address for Bolton EG is http://begstitchers.blogspot.com/ .
Also just a reminder that the Guild web address is www.embroiderersguild.com
The Northwest blog address is http:/firstname.lastname@example.org