Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sept AGM

It was our first meeting of the year last night, so we held our AGM.The officers and committee were elected as per our EGM in July. Judith gave a treasurers report, and although w seemed to have spent quite a lot last year. we had invested in books and DVDs etc. Five of us held up show and tell pieces.DSCF4987DSCF4988

We welcomed Eileen back after her spell away puppy training.She explained that her church had a branch of the Women's Institute . She showed us a tablecloth that is almost complete.Phil held up another amazing cross stitch piece but I must apologise that this snap is blurred ,{ I must have been overwhelmed}

Pauline brought along a bag that she had started the first time that Jean Littlejohn came to Bolton,,,,voluptuous velvets. Jackie had another wonderful quilt  and we began by showing the back. I seemed to have been too busy to take photos of these, sorry. I took along the piece that I had done at summer school.

Brenda then demonstrated a form of Dorset Buttons.that can be seen in the current Stitch Magazine. This was deja vu for me as  at my first ever Guild meeting, Barbara D demonstrated….thirty years ago. I completed mine and you can see it below.The one on the left is many years old and the right was last night.DSCF4996Finally Clare presented Pauline with Mollys Cup.her piece had been chose in our Jewels competition. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Bulletin and current stewards list to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment