On Tuesday we were entertained by Emily was had travelled up through all the rain and wind ,from Leicestershire. She spoke of her development in craft.Although trained in ceramics ,she soon moved into embroidery and specifically hand embroidery. Her work was delicate, translucent and I must apologise that I could not do them justice in photography.We were asked to bring the usual sewing equipment but quite bemused when we were asked to stitch into real leaves. A real challenge. Emily can be contacted at
News and Competitions
The Rose Bowl competition titles are “Something Old, Something New” for 2015 and “Under the Sea”, for 2016.
The members’ challenge for 2015 is “All that Glistens”.
The Christmas competition is – a Christmas Brooch.
Congratulations to Pauline Bowling who won Molly’s Cup at our first meeting this year.
Exhibitions and Events
· Glossop & District Embroiderers’ Guild 10th Anniversary exhibition, “A Decade of Stitch”.
At Bradbury House, Market Street, Glossop. Mon- Sat 9-5pm. 6th-30th October.
- Last chance to see Grayson Perry from 23 Aug – 7 Dec at Temple Newsom House, Leeds.
- Free Stitch workshop with Bella May Leonard at Gawthorpe Hall, Sunday 2 November from 12-16.30. See notice board,
- The Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexander Palace 8-12 October and Harrogate 20-23 November. A coach is being organized for Saturday 22nd November to Harrogate. The more people who go the cheaper the bus and tickets to the event. You may wish to purchase an extra ticket for a seat on the bus and not the show for friends /partners who just want a day in Harrogate while you enjoy the event.
There is a list of the workshops being run on the Saturday on the notice board, please check and let me know if you need one booking.
Please contact Brenda if you’re interested. My email address is email@example.com.
· Next year’s NW Regional Day will be held by Chelford and North Cheshire EG. Details of speakers on the notice board. Tickets going on sale in January.
· There is a play day on November 8th “All Dolled Up”, at Bank Top Church. Please bring your own lunch as usual.
· Our Pearl anniversary exhibition which began on the National Day of Stitch; 2nd August runs until 26th October at Bolton Museum.
· There is a new book in the library, “A Passion for Colour”, by Ruth Isset and the Jan Beaney/ Jean Littlejohn DVD “In Motion”.
Ann is in need of handmade Birthday/Get Well or open greeting cards for sending to members if you have any to spare. If you have any items for the Sales Table please see Jenny Whittle. Jenny also needs clear envelopes (like the ones cards come packed in) if you have any please keep them and pass them on. Would anyone like to help Jenny, if so let us know.
Raffle prizes are always welcome. Please see Barbara Ryall if you have anything. If there are any library books you think would be suitable for us, please tell Sheelagh Madden. (An ISBN would be helpful)
If you hear of any interesting exhibitions or events that you think may be of interest, please let Brenda Brown know and details can go on the newsletter; firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget our blog address for Bolton EG is http://begstitchers.blogspot.com/ .
Also just a reminder that the Guild web address is www.embroiderersguild.com
The Northwest blog address is http:/email@example.com