I was a little annoyed that I would have to miss this meeting as I had to attend Council in London but relieved as I had seen and heard Marie before, at Padiham. Marie had everyone intrigued as her title was BOUTIS. Ann said afterwards
We had a very enjoyable meeting on Tuesday evening with Marie Lewis passing on her love of “ Boutis “ She brought some beautiful pieces of her work, some traditional some modern but all so fine and detailed.This work encouraged lots of people to sign up for the workshop in a few weeks which is now full.
We all wished Phil a belated 80th birthday and also Happy Birthday to Julie Karen and Susan for milestone birthdays in May.
Ann sent me photos below and again I am unable to attend the workshop but delighted that it is full.
News and Competitions
The Rose Bowl competition titles are “Something Old, Something New” for 2015 and “Under the Sea”, for 2016. Entry forms available from Brenda.
Coates Anchor Award for 2015 entry forms also available.
Northwest Region Broderers’ Cup is for October AGM.
Exhibitions and Events
· Summer School at Alston Hall 16th-19th July. See notice board for details and booking forms.
· Places available on workshop – 3D machine embroidery with Linda Miller at Parbold on May 10th, from 10am -4.00pm. £32 for EG members and £35 for visitors. Contact and requirements list available from Sue Chisnell-Sumner: email@example.com
· “Ten Plus Textiles @ The Silk Museum” are on exhibition from 14th March – 30 May, Mon- Sat, 10am – 4pm on at The Silk Museum, Park Lane, Macclesfield. SK116TJ, £4.50 or concessionary £4.00- with access to the Museum. Has disabled access.
· Nantwich Museum has an exhibition by contemporary textile group Textile 21, called, “Tech Styles” which celebrates the innovative use of technology at Quarry Bank Mill. It runs from 14 March – 13 June. For more information see www.textiles21.co.uk
· For more information about textile art exhibitions checkout this website –www.textilesociety.org.uk/events.
· Please keep your Pearl Exhibition pieces to put on a display at our Regional Day next year. New work would be very welcome too.
· This year’s NW Regional Day will be held by Chelford and North Cheshire EG this Saturday. Therefore the play day scheduled for this Saturday has been cancelled until further notice.
Ann needs more handmade birthday cards for sending to members if you have any to spare please pass them on. Raffle prizes are always welcome. Please see Barbara Ryall if you have anything. If there are any library books you think would be suitable for us, please tell Sheelagh Madden. (An ISBN would be helpful)
If you hear of any interesting exhibitions or events that you think may be of interest, please let Brenda Brown know and details can go on the newsletter; firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget our blog address for Bolton EG is http://begstitchers.blogspot.com/ .
Also just a reminder that the Guild web address is www.embroiderersguild.com
The Northwest blog address is http:/email@example.com