Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Summer school July 2015

I am still recovering from a very busy weekend at Alston Hall.17 of us joined with 3 tutors to investigate rust marks, cyanotype or hand stitching with unusual materials. I chose the latter, a 3 day course lead by Bella May Leonard who was also a Guild graduate. We had great fun , studying Indian textiles and then tearing up paper and stitching into it, attaching mirror card pieces to represent shisha glass, looking at lace and then stitching onto acetate  etc. etc. You will have to see the results at the AGM.Alice Fox lead the rust making and I was amazed to see the shades of colour and manipulation of the fabric. I had met Ruth Brown at K and S so was impressed with the end results created by our members. There was even cross pollination between the tutors Ruth treating some of Bellas pieces. I will now include a few photos but there are many more to be seen at a later date.085

 

001

026

030040We have provisionally booked the same dates for next year , and at this time are hoping to find 2 tutors to tempt you. Get your diaries out and even give me some ideas of tutor/techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment