The evening began with the formal part, our AGM.
Clare was delighted to announce two newish members were prepared to join the committee. Julie was standing down as It Rep. and was presented with flowers. There were quite a number of entries for Molly's Cup,technique being White work. I apologise for the odd photos below, but the strange cat shaped boxes are our way of voting. I didn't want to move ant piece or box and spoil the count.
I gave quite a lot of information about the Capability Brown Festival and 14 members signed up. I will provide written details for the Oct meeting, where more members can come on board. Jackie has also volunteered to oversee my Chairman's Challenge. Its a travelling book, A3 size, 2 pages, one of inspiration and the other being stitched. details to follow.
After this Brenda led a practical suggested by Pauline earlier
Embroiderers’ Guild – Bolton Branch
Newsletter – September 2015
News and Competitions
The Rose Bowl competition title is “Under the Sea”, for our Regional Day in April next year.
Northwest Region Broderers’ Cup is for October AGM. No title or theme. It is only open to our Branch so please have a go to get your work on front of The Journal!
The Christmas competition is “Snowman”.
Exhibitions and Events
· The Stitching, Sewing and Hobbycrafts Show is on 10-12 September 2015 at Events City, Manchester (next to the Trafford Centre). Buy tickets on the door £10, in advance £8.00 online www.ichfevents.co.uk Tel : 01425777988.
· Yarndale is being held at Skipton Auction Mart, Ling Fields BD231UD, on September 26 & 27 – www.yarndale.co.uk
· Ten Plus Textiles have an exhibition at The Storey Gallery, Lancaster from 22 September – 10 October.
· Try to see Cornelia Parkers’ Magna Carter which is on at present until November 1st at The Whitworth, Oxford Rd ,Manchester M156ER.
- Alysn Midgelow – Marsden is doing a workshop, “using Metals with stitch”, on October 17th. Please get a requirements list from Brenda.
· We will be needing volunteers to act as stewards for the northwest regional next April, please put your name forward. Please see Clare.
· Also can you volunteer your husbands or friends to act as car park attendants during the morning on the day, to direct cars down the drive and organize the spaces? As before see Clare.
· A beginners/slight experience embroidery and contemporary stitch class is starting on October 8th at the Triangle Centre, Chorley Old Rd. It will be on Thursdays 10-12 noon. More information at www.facebook.com/pages/Enjoy-Learning-Bolton/141379002171999 or see Glennys Astley.
- Please keep your Pearl Exhibition pieces to put on a display at our Regional Day next year. New work IS NEEDED TOO.
- Chairmans Challenge – Val will explain
Ann needs more handmade birthday cards for sending to members if you have any to spare please pass them on. Raffle prizes are always welcome. Please see Barbara Ryall if you have anything. If there are any library books you think would be suitable for us, please tell Sheelagh Madden. (An ISBN would be helpful)
If you hear of any interesting exhibitions or events that you think may be of interest, please let Brenda Brown know and details can go on the newsletter; firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget our blog address for Bolton EG is http://begstitchers.blogspot.com/ .
Also just a reminder that the Guild web address is www.embroiderersguild.com
The Northwest blog address is http:/email@example.com