Saturday, December 5, 2015

Out and about, Altrincham

On Thursday, I braved the awful weather to go down to Altrincham . Sandra had kindly invited me to tea and then we went to the opening of their exhibition. I was really impressed by the venue and will find it hard to explain, but will try. The place was right in the centre of Altrincham, called Art with a Heart. Two women were in charge of this charity where they encourage art and heritage.They rely on donations and work with an incredibly small budget but was to make art accessible to everyone. The room was huge and divided into many smaller area but I was there to concentrate on the Altrincham embroideries.

P1000036P1000037P1000045P1000046Some of my favourites are below….

P1000039P1000044I have a new camera and am still learning how to make the best of it so some lovely work did not photograph too well.Do call in the centre open Thurs to Sunday, 10.00 till 5.00pm. The embroideries will be there until17th Jan 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment