Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Out and about, Manchester

Last Saturday , in my capacity as Area 2 rep , I went to visit Manchester branch. I received a very warm welcome and met many “old” friends. Manchester meet for a full day. In the morning they had a practical based on paper napkins. I arrived in time for lunch and then went into the talk. A member Ro Chin gave a very interesting talk about Japan, showing many slides to illustrate her knowledge. I was most impressed about her command of the language. She had a display of things that she had collected during her travels. Very nostalgic for me!!!! There was also a small display of Japanese embroidery being completed by members of the branch. All worth the horrendous journey there and back….don't trust the Sat Navs and don't travel near Old Trafford when Man United are playing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment