Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Padiham meeting

Yesterday I went to the Padiham meeting. The title, Boutis was intriguing. I had never come across it but it is a form of quilting where knitting wool is inserted into channels to create a stuffing.Marie Lewis explained all this to us, had s short demonstration and passed around her work.She assured us that it was not fragile.She will be holding a workshop on Sat 18th Feb at Padiham. The cost of the day is £15.00 and an additional £2.50 for materials. At this moment there are some places so let me know if you are interested and I will put you in touch with the Secretary. Another pleasure was an unexpected visitor, Freda Morrell , a former member of Bolton and the teacher who inspired me and through this, my guild membership.

008

002

No comments:

Post a Comment