Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Out and about, Harrogate

A group of us  filled a mini bus and set off for the Knitting and Stitching at Harrogate on Saturday.Much better than driving!!! Firstly I took Ann to meet Jan and Jean as she will be hosting them in June.{tickets going very fast.After our meeting next week available to the north west} Coffee and then we split up to follow our particular interests. There were many stalls and exhibitions but I spent much of my time chatting to friends I have made through the Guild. Many send greetings to Bolton. I met with Ann and Barbara for a very brief lunch and then I had booked a class with Katie Caplin.  A Japanese technique that she called “usheeah”.It is a padded fabric to make into a picture. I was surprised that we used double sided tape and there was no stitching involved but it is certainly quite quick.003We used traditional kimono fabric and the end result was pleasing.006I will let you know when I finish mine. I am still busy with my “holly and the ivy” for Tuesday.Doubt whether I will also have my fairy slipper ready either. Being in 2 branches does mean twice the work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment