Monday, April 7, 2014

Out and about Padiham

After a hectic weekend, today is my Padiham meeting. I'm afraid that I missed the Aqua class this morning and set off in driving rain ,wondering if I really needed to go.

Well I am still recovering. Our speaker was Heather Wilson,”Maker  of mad and beautiful things”,I say speaker but she never  stood still, she danced around almost singing the joys of life. She started with a piece based on her mothers sewing box, through her visits to India , weavings and the most bizarre hats in the World.Interspersed with all this she read poetry and had an uncanny knack of mimicking accents. I have tried to capture the essence in photographs but you had to be there to really appreciate her joy de vivre.DSCF6492DSCF6493DSCF6495DSCF6496DSCF6506DSCF6488DSCF6489DSCF6490DSCF6503Heather can be contacted at

hmadcow@hotmail.com

and you will need to hear her talk to explain  her e mail address!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment