The quilt that Jackie made was based on a Japanese on a piece in the top left. Amazing!!!!
There was a change to the programmes, no longer a practical, Barbara volunteered to share her knowledge of Batik. She had researched this as a student and found that at that time there was very little known about this skill. She brought along samples that she had collected and a variet of very heavy blocks used in the printing process.
Pauline read out a letter that she has received,
"Many thanks to you and members of Bolton EG for the amazing wiggly bags that you sent to us at Great Ormond Street Hospital. I have distributed them to the wards in our unit. The Children will be absolutely delighted -there are so many choices for them. Please pass om our thanks to the group. Kind regards Emma. Sister, Safari Ward"
News and Competitions
The Rose Bowl competition title is “Under the Sea”, for our Regional Day on Saturday, which is voted for by the members and the Coates Anchor award for Excellence in Embroidery will be judged on the Day.
N.B. You may fill in an entry form today or you may enter your work on the day but it won’t be possible it insure it then.
· the play day scheduled for the 14th May will now be the Karen Casper workshop.
· July 9th play day will be run on 23rd July.
Exhibitions and Events
- Details about Summer School at Widdow Hall, Clitheroe on 3-5 June, on the notice board. Booking firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now & Then : 60th Anniversary of the Manchester Branch. 14th Feb- 22nd May. Exhibitions and workshops see Salford’s What’s On booklet, www.salfordcommunityleisure.co.uk/culture/ordsall-hall. Workshops must be booked through Ordsall Hall.
- “Structure”; a contemporary textile exhibition in the Market Place Bolton at the Neo gallery27 by 11 different textile artists (including Bella May Leonard who you may remember from her work at Gawthorpe), from various parts of the country.
7 April - 29 May 2016.
· Festival of Quilts 2016 at the NEC. See the notice board for details.
· A Walk around Gawthorpe – get inspiration for your piece on Capability Brown on Thursday May 5th. Meet at 10.30 for tea and biscuits –walk from 11.00-12.00 with a guide. Hall and café will be open. See poster for details.
Workshop- Put your name down for the next workshop “Shibori Scarf” with Nawal Gabreel on the June 25th, at Banktop Church, Ashworth Lane, Bolton, BL18RX.
Big Thank You
To all of you who brought work to Bank top Church for our exhibition! We have lots of talented people and it will be nice to how off some of our work!
Raffle prizes are always welcome. Please see Barbara Ryall if you have anything. If there are any library books you think would be suitable for us, please tell Sheelagh Madden. (An ISBN would be helpful)
If you hear of any interesting exhibitions or events that you think may be of interest, please let Brenda Brown know and details can go on the newsletter; email@example.com Don’t forget our blog address for Bolton EG is http://begstitchers.blogspot.com/ . Also just a reminder that the Guild web address is www.embroiderersguild.com The Northwest blog address is http:/firstname.lastname@example.org