Embroiderers’ Guild – Bolton Branch
News and Competitions
The Rose Bowl competition for next year at Lancaster is on the theme of looking through - entrances, doorways and windows etc.
· July 9th play day will be run on 23rd July.
Exhibitions and Events
- Details about Summer School at Waddow Hall, Clitheroe on 3-5 June, on the notice board. Booking firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now & Then : 60th Anniversary of the Manchester Branch. 14th Feb- 22nd May. Exhibitions and workshops see Salford’s What’s On booklet, www.salfordcommunityleisure.co.uk/culture/ordsall-hall. Workshops must be booked through Ordsall Hall.
- “Structure”; a contemporary textile exhibition in the Market Place Bolton at the Neo gallery 27 by 11 different textile artists (including Bella May Leonard who you may remember from her work at Gawthorpe), from various parts of the country.
7 April - 29 May 2016.
· The Astley Bridge Festival is on July 9th, where there will be crafts to see and buy.
· The AGM and Summer meal will be at Ridgemont House, Horwich on July 19th. The cost of meal and welcome drink will be £25. Please put your name down with Judith.
· “.By a thread”... masterclass with Claire Wellesley-Smith to be held at Gawthorpe Hall on Friday 15th is sold out.
· Next month’s speaker is Claire Wellesley-Smith, “Slow Stitch and Natural Dyes”.
Workshop- Put your name down for the next workshop - “Shibori Scarf” with Nawal Gabreel on the June 25th, at Banktop Church, Ashworth Lane, Bolton, BL18RX.
Big Thank You
To all of you who brought work for our exhibition at the Regional Day. It certainly looked splendid!
Raffle prizes are always welcome. Please see Barbara Ryall if you have anything. If there are any library books you think would be suitable for us, please tell Sheelagh Madden. (An ISBN would be helpful)
If you hear of any interesting exhibitions or events that you think may be of interest, please let Brenda Brown know and details can go on the newsletter; email@example.com Don’t forget our blog address for Bolton EG is http://begstitchers.blogspot.com/ . Also just a reminder that the Guild web address is www.embroiderersguild.com The Northwest blog address is http:/firstname.lastname@example.org