Friday, April 20, 2012

April meeting

Linda Barton spoke at the AGM in Southport this year. She was very amusing yet explained in some detail how various gold threads were created. So my sadness at missing the meeting on Tuesday was tempered by the fact that the group were about to hear about “Spinning a golden thread”.I have spoken to several members, since my return home, who all expressed how much they had enjoyed the talk.DSCF5612DSCF5613DSCF5614DSCF5615

It was a busy night again. I had lent Ann the bag that I had won at the AGM and the gift of scissors presented to me by Christine Poole, in thanks of the work done by NW committee members.

Ann also brought along our hanging.EG Installation

I am sure that everyone was impressed. Thinking back to the time when we made small felt birds and now the finished product , we should all be satisfied. Ann has worked particularly hard and has devised a structure to hold and hang it  Unfortunately Derian House cannot accept our work as there is a hygiene issue but we are investigating another possible home.

No comments:

Post a Comment