An old friend,Jackie Cardy visited us again last night. We hardly had enough tables to show the amount of work that she had brought with her. A relaxed yet animated speaker, Jackie explained how her work had progressed. Many of our members left with huge smiles on their faces and a desire to move their stitching forward.Contact Jackie at
NEWSLETTER –June 2014
News and Competitions
The Rose Bowl competition titles are “Something Old, Something New” for 2015 and “Under the Sea”, for 2016.
The members’ challenge for 2015 is “All that Glistens”.
Exhibitions and Events
· Platform Gallery, Clitheroe, have an Open Craft Exhibition, work is in various media including textiles, 3rd May -12th July.
· Blackrod Scarecrow Festival is on Sat & Sun 5th & 6th July from 10- 7pm. Look for the orange bows to indicate where you can see a scarecrow. Programmes available from Julie Burrows.
· Silverdale & Arnside art & craft trail: June 27- 29; 37 venues, maps available see website; www.silverdalearttrail.co.uk or contact email ; firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Storey, Lancaster. Summer Exhibition; “Tied by Stitch”. May26th – June21st. Includes “The Finest Stitches”, part of the EG textile collection and work by members of the North West Region, plus a display of regional projects and the World’s Longest Embroidery. Workshops will also be held, availability for Lichens and Encrusted Surfaces by Sandra Kendall cost £10 on Wednesday 18th June, 10.30- 4.00. Also Felted Brooch by Kathy Turner 10.30-12.30@ £5 and 1.30-3.30@ £5, (see notice board for more details). Stewards are needed- please see Val if you are able to help.
N.B. More details of the above events are on the notice board.
- There is a play day workshop on August 23rd at BankTop Church, where you can come along and try out any new ideas or materials you have acquired over the past year. As usual bring a packed lunch.
- Molly’s Cup for the September meeting is “Jewels”. See what you can do over the summer!
Bring your entry for the Pearl Exhibition to the summer meal at Ridgemont. Categories include: Inspired by the museum; Pearl; and an Open category for work produced within the last 2 years. Mirror plates are necessary to hang your work – see Ann or Val. Please label your work clearly and put in a canvas bag with a clearly labeled tag.
Jackie is doing demonstrations on Sat 13 Sept and 18 Oct at the exhibition which begins on the National Day of Stitch; 2nd August at Bolton Museum, see Clare if you can offer your time.
There is a requirements list for those doing the Jan & Jean workshop on Sturday 28th June at Clevelands.
Ann is in need of handmade Get Well or open greeting cards for sending to members if you have any to spare. If you have any items for the Sales Table please see Jackie Martin. Jackie also needs clear envelopes (like the ones cards come packed in) if you have any please keep them and pass them on.
Raffle prizes are always welcome. Please see Barbara Ryall if you have anything. If there are any library books you think would be suitable for us, please tell Sheelagh Madden. (An ISBN would be helpful)
If you hear of any interesting exhibitions or events that you think may be of interest, please let Brenda Brown know and details can go on the newsletter.
Don’t forget our blog address for Bolton EG is http://begstitchers.blogspot.com/ .
Also just a reminder that the Guild web address is www.embroiderersguild.com
The Northwest blog address is http:/email@example.com