Sunday, June 29, 2014

Our 30th celebrations begin.

Two or three years ago, at an AGM, Barbara and I sat next to Jean Littlejohn and Jan Beaney. In  conversation we reminisced about Jeans earlier visit to Bolton when she talked about” voluptuous velvets”. This was some years ago so I jumped in and invited them to our current celebrations. Finally a date was agreed and this weekend we had the delight of welcoming them both.

On Friday they gave a wonderful talk looking back to the past and then to the future. It was illustrated with slides and a VAST array of sample pieces and several finished works of art.DSCF4786DSCF4787DSCF4794I left the meeting with my head buzzing, they had shared so many thoughts and ideas. On Saturday , Double Trouble lived up to their name running two workshopsDSCF4798

side by side.DSCF4797 DSCF4810DSCF4816

There were stitches to learn, techniques demonstrated and practised and lots of support and guidance.. The 4pm finish came and went and I was conscious that they had a long journey home so tried to encourage them to finish. I'm sure we could still be there otherwise!!!! It was an exhausting but totally rewarding weekend, and we appreciate the fact that our Joint Presidents have a busy schedule  and the M6 can be an awful motorway. I have already had a quick look at their latest DVD and can hardly wait to sit down and watch it carefully. Finally those from Bolton who attended the workshop have an added advantage as the theme of Mollys Cup is Jewels and the national challenge is All that Glistens. I have promised Jan and jean that I would send them photos of any finished work. dont let me down.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic weekend. Jan and Jean were very generous with practical advice as well as sharing their gorgeous work, so I left feeling inspired and motivated. Thanks to them and to Val, Ann, Julie and everyone else who helped make this such a memorable time.

    ReplyDelete